The Texas A&M IT accessibility services team attended the John Slatin AccessU conference hosted by Knowbility in Austin, Texas on May 17-18, 2017. From the various sessions, the team learned about new accessibility resources you can incorporate into your design, development and work processes.
- Grackle Docs – Provides accessibility for Google docs.
- U.S. Web Design Standards – Style guide that includes UI components, page templates, design principles.
- WCAG 2.1 Draft – Development of dot.x specifications and support materials, and addresses mobile, cognitive impairments, learning disabilities, and low vision.
- Paul Adam Bookmarklets for Accessibility Testing – Assist in accessibility testing.
- Synchrimedia – Puts captioning, editing and time syncing of audio in your hands.
- iSubtitle – Captioning creator and editor for the Mac.
If you have experience with any of these, please write a comment below. We would love to hear if these are beneficial.