The Accessibility SIG is focused on incorporating accessibility into our everyday lives, ensuring the valuable information acquired through teaching, learning and discovery is made available to the widest possible audience. This involves a general understanding of policy and compliance issues as well as standards and best practices. Our ultimate goal is to have all campus websites accessible.
Meetings will be held at 11:45 am on the second Tuesday of every other month and will consist of an update from the Texas A&M IT Accessibility Services team as well as helpful tips and presentations to aid with accessibility initiatives across campus. Scheduled meeting dates for spring and summer are listed below; locations TBD.
- June 13
- August 8
- October 10
- December 12
Projects and Deliverables
- Ensure the usage of the enterprise-wide web scanning tool for Key Public Entry Points.
- Create fact sheets to highlight benefits of utilizing accessibility best practices
- Share web resources including practical solutions to common Texas A&M issues
Related Campus Initiatives
- Development of Texas A&M University Accessibility Compliance Plan
- Determining campus-wide captioning solutions
- Finding efficient solutions for accessible documents, including PDFs
- Procurement and EIR Accessibility Exception Request automated workflow